Many people use Linux daily for their servers and cell phones (Android), and a few desktops as well. While many people suggest to use Linux over other operating systems (mainly Windows) for silly reasons like Linux being “more secure” or “more stable” than Windows, I will give the top ten uses for Linux (my opinions, of course).
- You can modify the Linux kernel to your specifications.
- Run Linux on several different CPU architectures.
- Run Linux on small devices (e.g. Raspberry Pi).
- Using a variety of free software (most software for Linux is free).
- Running web services (like web or e-mail).
- Running Linux on very old, out-dated hardware.
- Running Linux for cell phones (Android).
- Media entertainment
- Radio broadcasting
- Playing with embedded devices (for things such as robots and micro-controllers)
Posted in Computers, Internet and Servers, Operating Systems, Software