Making Fun of the President?
There have been MANY times I have seen cartoon illustrations making fun of American Presidents. While a lot of these cartoons are actually funny, did you know that making fun of the President (or any political authority) is wrong? Yes, the Bible says very clearly that we are to not make fun of government officials.
“3 But Paul said to him, “God will slap you, you corrupt hypocrite! What kind of judge are you to break the law yourself by ordering me struck like that?”
4 Those standing near Paul said to him, “Do you dare to insult God’s high priest?”
5 “I’m sorry, brothers. I didn’t realize he was the high priest,” Paul replied, “for the Scriptures say, ‘You must not speak evil of any of your rulers.’” – Acts 23:3-5 NLT
It is interesting that the Bible talks about this very frequent occurrence in today’s American culture. The Bible applies today just as much as it did back in Bible time!
Posted in Christian
“The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.”
“The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,
But a wise man is he who listens to counsel.” – Proverbs 12:15 NASB
The Bible is very clear, a fool thinks that only his way is the right way. Nobody else can be right. Only my opinion on the matter is correct.
First I want to make something clear from the start. Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a fool. Everyone has a right to their own opinions. If someone has an honest opinion that is different from mine, that is ok.
What makes someone a Biblically-defined fool is when they want to have an opinion (that they usually try to pass off as a fact when there is no evidence), and they do not want you to have an opinion yourself. They just want to talk, interrupt you, not consider other ideas, etc.
Well I had this experience a while back with someone. Basically there was information posted online that people were debating whether it was true or not.
Well this person thought since he had found other information on the Internet that contradicted the first set of information that was given, the first set of information had to be false, since his trusted sources said otherwise.
My argument was that he could not actually know if the information he gathered was in fact true since there was no way to verify that the information he found was accurate, even though I never said that he was wrong.
Well that did not go over well with him. He just argued and argued (while laughing at me and never really had any argument that I could tell), until he just dropped himself from the debate and did not want to talk anymore. Basically his attitude was…agree with me, or we are not going to talk anymore. I did my best to be civil and polite with him.
When I thought about it later, I realized that I had been arguing with a fool. He did not care who was actually right (which since neither of us could prove what we were saying, it was just our own opinions), and he didn’t want me to have an opinion of my own.
The Bible talks about people who will laugh at you making statements about something as being a fool. “If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet.” – Proverbs 29:9 ESV
Posted in Christian, Society
Difference Between Residential and Business Internet
You may not have realized it, but Internet Service Providers (ISPs) usually offer both residential and business Internet plans for customers. For the typical Internet user, residential plans should suffice. However, for business people, server enthusiasts (people who like running their own Internet servers), film makers, and people who download a lot (ie. Netflix or YouTube), a business plan would be more appealing.
I am going to give you typical benefits of both residential and business ISP plans. Please note that these are just generalities. Your ISP may differ with the way they run their business.
Residential Internet Plans – Benefits
- You usually get faster download and upload speeds for a lower price than a business plan.
- Save money with lower prices.
- With faster Internet speeds, technically more household members can be using the Internet at once before a major slowdown happens (not always true though).
Business Internet Plans – Benefits
- Should be allowed to run your own Internet server (self-hosting, when done in the right conditions, is better than paying someone else to host your websites Think: Who would value your website data more…the web-hosting company…or you?).
- Should not have any bandwidth limit per month (great for running servers and watching many online videos; don’t have to worry about going over some bandwidth limit per month and possibly getting disconnected!).
- Should get faster/better technical service when you have trouble.
- Should get free repair work done on your line (if it is not too extensive).
- Should be allowed to purchase a static IP address (a MUST if you want to host your own e-mail server or DNS server!).
- Should be allowed to run a VPN between two or more networks (you might be allowed to do one or more VPN(s) on a residential Internet plan, but I have never tried).
Basically if you want just cheap and fast, a residential Internet plan should do fine for you.
However, if you are running a business (offline or online), want to host your own server, want a static IP, and/or want a very high (or no) bandwidth limit per month, a business Internet plan should be want you want.
Posted in Internet and Servers